The 2014 Adur & Worthing Business Awards have been launched by Worthing & Adur Chamber of Commerce.
Held at the Worthing Pavilion Theatre on Friday November 14th, this year’s awards’ ceremony promises to be one of celebration for all involved, as businesses successfully complete their ride on the crest of the economic wave.
Once again, Worthing & Adur Chamber of Commerce members will be out in force with many hoping to receive awards from host, ITV Meridian’s Fred Dineage, before automatically going straight into the running for the Southern Business Awards in 2015.
The panel of judges will include Chamber CEO Tina Tilley and James Stoner, Managing Director of JSPC Computer Services Ltd, headline sponsor of the awards and a previous winner.
Enter your nomination by August 11th and you will be entered into a prize draw to win an ipad donated by JSPC Computer Services Ltd
Categories this year include:
- Overall Business
- Start – Up
- Small Business
- Medium Business
- Manufacturing & Construction
- Business Personality
- Lifetime Achievement
- Outstanding contribution to the community
- Young Achiever
- Large Business
- Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure
- Customer Service
If you would like to experience winning an award and the benefits it can have on your business, or if you believe another business deserves this success then log on to www.jpsouthevents.co.uk and fill in a nomination form online. And remember this year you can only enter 3 categories so choose carefully and submit an entry for each one.
These are the Chamber’s top tips to consider when entering:
- Read the category criteria you are entering
- Explain why you believe you should be awarded the title of the category you are entering.
- Explain what your company does and what it has achieved overall.
- Describe: Your company objectives, How you achieved them, The problems you encountered, How you tackled these problems
- Explain your core values and describe how these are reflected in your current and future vision for your business.
- Can you demonstrate improvements in the quantity or quality of services offered during the last 12 months?
- How does your business add value to the local community?
- Any major contracts recently obtained, can you demonstrate evidence of turnover, growth, profit etc
- Supporting Evidence and testimonials from Customers and suppliers, make it known you have been nominated and would appreciate your customers support. (maybe nominate them as well).