Worthing firemen attended a deliberate fire in Heene Road in the early hours of yesterday (Tuesday) morning.
The firemen found one car and an area of hedgerow alight at around 1.00 am and police are investigating the suspicious incident.
Earlier on Monday night at around 11.15 pm Worthing firemen dealt with an accidental dishwasher fire in a terraced house in Pavilion Road. The kitchen was 50% damaged and the rest of the house 10% smoke damaged.
There were two more accidental kitchen fires later yesterday. One in Grand Avenue around 2.15 pm involved a cooker but was out when the firemen arrived.
Another small kitchen fire at around 9 pm in St Botolphs Road involved cooking. Firemen removed the cooking and ventilated the flat with a fan. First aid was given to an elderly lady suffering from smoke inhalation.