Careless & deliberate wheelie bin fires

Careless & deliberate wheelie bin fires

 

Worthing Fire & Rescue Service attended two fires in wheelie bin fires overnight.  One was accidental through carelessness but the other was deliberate.

Around midnight yesterday (Wednesday) two wheelie bins were on fire at the rear of a restaurant in Marine Place. The fires were caused by discarded smoking materials.   The fire officers made the area safe.

About an hour later two wheelie bins were well alight on arrival of the fire officers outside a shop in South Street.  The smoke set off fire alarms in the building and police attended the scene.