Worthing Library holds a Dementia Awareness Day event on Monday July 7th between 10.00 am and 3.00 pm. Under one roof will be a range of local services providing information and support for people affected by dementia.
The event organised by West Sussex Libraries and the Alzheimer’s Society will feature a wide range of local and national groups including:
- Representatives from the Alzheimer’s Society with information about local services, support available and information about groups that people living with dementia can attend;
- The Prevention and Assessment Team (PAT) will be on hand to offer information and advice on how to maintain your health;
- Local Carer’s Support West Sussex and Crossroads Care representatives will be available to tell you how they can support people who are caring for someone with dementia;
- West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service will be on hand to discuss safety in the home;
- Guild Care who provide a range of dementia support to local people;
- New Tyne Resource Centre which supports people with dementia from the Adur, Arun and Worthing areas.
Alongside the event the library holds two Dementia Friends sessions. A Dementia Friend learns what it’s like to live with dementia and then turns that understanding into action. Anyone of any age can be a Dementia Friend.
These sessions are in the Lecture Theatre in the basement of the library. They are free and last around 45 minutes.
For more information call the Alzheimer’s Society Sussex Helpline on 01403 213017 or contact Worthing Library on 01903 704809.