E-Cigarette charger causes Worthing hospital fire

E-Cigarette charger causes Worthing hospital fire

 

An electronic cigarette charger caused a small fire in an Arundel Road, Worthing hospital on Saturday evening (May 31st).

The fire was out when West Sussex Fire & Rescue Officers arrived but they inspected the charger and made the equipment safe.   They gave advice and left the incident with the duty staff. The fire was accidental.

Officers attended between 6.35 pm and 6.49 pm.

West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service offers the following safety advice with e-cigarettes:

. Always use the equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions
. Only use the charger that has been supplied with the device
. Don’t leave e-cigarettes unattended while charging
. When charging keep the e-cigarette and battery pack away from soft furnishings or combustible materials
. Unplug the battery pack once fully charged