Fire service warns after Chinese Lantern lands on roof

Fire service warns after Chinese Lantern lands on roof

 

West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service warn both the public and event organisers against using Chinese lanterns.  The service reiterated the warning after a lantern was blown on the roof of a house in Wallace Avenue, Worthing yesterday night (Thursday June 19th).

The fire was out when the officers arrived as the lantern had fallen to the ground and had been extinguished.  The fire was accidental.

Officers attended between 10.15 pm and 10.28 pm.