West Sussex County Council is asking Worthing parents with children between two and 18 years old their opinion on proposed admission arrangements to schools in September 2015. Parents are being encouraged to respond, as well as anyone with an interest in school admissions.
The County Council wants comments on:
- admission numbers for all schools;
- key dates in the admissions process;
- the proposed oversubscription criteria for all Community and Voluntary Controlled schools, including a change to Davison CE High School for Girls entry in Year 7;
- sixth form admission arrangements; and
- changes to introduce higher priority for children transferring from an Infants School to the linked Junior School.
You can view the consultation and make your response online.
Alternatively, for a printed copy of the consultation and response form you can phone 0845 075 1007.
People are being advised to consider responding to a separate consultation into proposals for schools in Worthing. This consultation contains changes to catchment areas and pupil numbers which are relevant to the overall admissions process.
Local voluntary aided or foundation schools and academies will also be consulting if they are proposing any changes to their admission arrangements. Please contact your local school directly to find out more.
The Worthing schools consultation closes on Monday December 23rd.
The County Council admissions consultation closes on Tuesday January 14th.