Sussex Police report an increase of sheds being broken into overnight in the Broadwater area. Recent reports have been received from residents in roads surrounding Beaumont Road.
Often a shed will be used as a storage area for expensive outdoor equipment. The standard latch may not be enough to protect your property from thieves.
- Have good, strong locks both at the top and bottom of the shed, preferably using padlocks.
- Non-returnable screws are available from hardware stores and should be used on hinges, latches and handles.
- Always keep the garden shed and outbuildings locked, ensuring the keys are kept in a separate place.
- Always ensure valuable items are secured and locked to a static object
- Register your property on www.immobilise.com
This issue will be raised as a priority at the next Broadwater Neighbourhood Panel at 7.00 pm on Monday December 1st at the Broadwater Parish Centre, 117 Broadwater Road, Worthing. Please feel free to come along to discuss this further.
You can report suspicious behaviour to Sussex Police on 101 or in an emergency 999.