There’s still time to nominate a fantastic carer for the West Sussex Care Accolades, the county’s ‘Oscars’ for care workers.
Nominations close on Monday September 22nd at 5.00 pm.
The awards recognise the hard work and dedication of people working in a wide variety of jobs in adult social care including dementia care, caring for people in their own homes and caring for people at the end of their life.
The awards, now in their fifth year, are organised by West Sussex Partners in Care and are supported by West Sussex County Council.
There are nine categories:
- Ancillary Worker Award – for example, cooks, bus drivers and cleaners;
- Dementia Care Award – for someone who has improved the quality of life of people with dementia;
- End of Life Care Award – for someone who has demonstrated a commitment to a person and their family at the end of that person’s life;
- Individual Student Achievement Award;
- Lifelong Learner Award;
- The Chair’s Award for Endeavour – for someone who has overcome personal difficulties while still going above and beyond their normal day-to-day duties;
- The Young Carer Award;
- Excellence Award – which is awarded to an organisation; and
- Individual Employers Award.
Peter Catchpole, West Sussex County Council’s Cabinet Member for Adults Social Care and Health, which is supporting the accolades, said: “The Care Accolades are a fantastic way of recognising those who go out of their mode to enhance people’s lives. It’s wonderful to be able to say thank you to those special people in the county. If you know someone who has shown high standards of care please nominate them.”
The winners will be announced at a ceremony in October. Winners receive a trophy and shopping vouchers.
For a nomination pack or more information please contact Rosemary Pavoni by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.